Grand Train Tour of Switzerland
- Mount Titlis, Ice Flyer chairlift, St. Moritz
- Zermatt, Matterhorn, Mont Blanc
Email This Package
- Tour Details
- Optional Tours
- Departure Date
Day 1 : Rail journey from Zurich Airport via Lucerne to Interlaken. Overnight in Interlaken
Day 2 : After breakfast a highlight of your visit to Switzerland awaits you. Enjoy a journey to the Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe the highest railway station in Europe is located 3454 m/11,333 ft. Visitors gain access to a high-Alpine wonderland of Ice, snow and rock, which they can admire from the viewing platforms on the Aletsch Glacier or in the Ice Palace. The railway journey to the Jungfraujoch is an experience which leads through the eiger and the Monch. At the Eismeer and Eigerwand intermediate stations, visitors can enjoy the wonderful view from the Eiger north Face. Overnight in Interlaken. And don't miss following Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe attractions: Alpine Sensation: The Alpine Adventure Trip Sphinx - 3571m above sea level: Sphinx - the most breathtaking views from the top of Europe Jungfraujoch Panorama 4 mintues 360 Jungfraujoch region cinema experience Lindt Swiss Chocolate Heaven The Lindt & Sprungli Adventure World of the highest elevation Ice Palace A unique wolrd of Ice in the heart of the Jungfraujoch Snow fun - Top of Europe Fun and games in the world of glaciers
Day 3 : Train ride to Zweisimmen, Change to the GoldenPass Panorama train (or optional GoldenPass Classic) for this memorable trip to Montreux on the shore of Lake Geneva. You find yourself among alpine forests, bubbling mountain springs and picturesque mountain villages. Overnight in Montreux
Day 4 : Today you board the train to zermatt, the marvellous alpine resort at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt
Day 5 : Board the Glacier Express and enjoy one of the greatest rail journey in the world. The Glacier Express takes you across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2033 m to St. Mortiz. Overnight in St. Mortiz
Day 6 : The Bernina Express of the Rhaetain Railway takes you along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy a Alpine switchback ride, taking you from a land of towering glacier to one of saying palms. Overnight in Lugano
Day 7 : Train journey from Lugano to Lucerne. Experience the new Gotthard Base Tunnel with its 57 kilometers it is the longest train tunnel in the world. It takes only 17 minutes to travel this fast flat-track route under the Alpine massif in the heart of Europe. Over night in Lucerne
Day 8 : Return to Swiss border or airport or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request
- Swiss Card Grand Tour of Switzerland (6 transfers) incl. excursions Mount Titlis and Gornergrat in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport.
- Seat reservation for Glacier Express Premium
- 1 night in Zürich or Geneva (your choice), room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Lucerne, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 1 night in St. Moritz, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast.
- 2 nights in Zermatt, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast.
- 1 night in Geneva or Zürich (your choice), room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast.
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal- coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25-50% of the regular fare.
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded.
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions.
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra.
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions